Just think of it this way… Your readers probably don’t check your blog every single day but it’s almost a guarantee that they check their email every day. Being allowed into someone’s email box is a huge compliment. It means they trust you and care about what you have to say! HURRAY YOU!
Now think about the next time you want to run a promotion… How much easier is it going to be to fill your schedule when you can start by reaching out to your email subscribers first and then follow up with blog posts! These people already know you, like you and trust you and you know for sure that they will see your promotion if it’s in their inbox. That’s a lot better odds than ‘I hope they check my blog’.
BEWARE! As much of an honor as it is to be welcomed into someone’s email box, you can also get your invitation revoked just as quick if you’re just pushing sales-y content that doesn’t make your client’s life better in some way! There is nothing wrong with letting your subscribers in on your latest promotion but also send fun helpful tips and tricks that your readers can use and enjoy.
So how do you continue to grow your email subscriber list? We’re not just looking for past clients, although you definitely want them on there! We are looking for new potential clients as well!
1. Just Ask! I always think we should exhaust the easy and obvious resources first. So start by asking past clients and those you know to subscribe to your newsletter. Also don’t be afraid to ask them to share your newsletter with friends and family that they think might enjoy your services too!
2. Opt In! Opt-In’s are those handy little widgets you see on the side of people’s websites. Look to the right and you’ll see mine (speaking of… Make sure you’re receiving my thrive newsletters). One great way to increase your subscriber rate is by offering something free that your readers will enjoy when they subscribe. Perhaps that might be ‘7 days to better pictures of your kids’ or ‘every bride-to-be’s can’t miss list’. Offering something of value to your target clientele is a great way to begin your relationship with them.
3. Great Content! It’s really important that your content be high value. Receiving spammy emails that scream, ‘I really need your money’ is not the way to make friends! Offering fun, well made email campaigns that are a pleasant break from the day… Now that’s worth reading!
4. Sex Sells! Okay, we’re not actually talking about sex, we’re talking about newsletters which – well, are really unsexy – but… That doesn’t mean they need to be boring and bland. I created the newsletter templates to fix just that problem! These are fully layered psd files that you can customize to match your branding and will give you a beautiful finished email that your readers will love perusing!
5. Easy Share Options! At the bottom of each of my newsletters there are options for sharing the newsletters; either via email, facebook, twitter, etc. I use Mad Mimi for my email newsletters but I’m sure the other companies can do it too!
** Check out The Newsletter Templates in the shop! I designed these to be fully layered psd files that you can easily brand for your business needs!***
In case you’re wondering: I use Mad Mimi for all of my Newsletter Campaigns!