Q: What Studio Managment do you use and do I need it?
A: I use Mobile Fotographer and it is essential for my sanity. Before getting a studio management system in place I had good old fashioned file folders. Filled with notes and contracts and papers and it wasn’t well organized and I was constantly trying to find the right info that I needed. I knew I wanted to get better organized but I just wasn’t sure how? I started looking into the different management options that I had and I wasn’t loving my options until I found Mobile Fotographer. This is why it works so well for me…
1. I needed something I could access from ANYWHERE not just my desktop and I didn’t want to pay more to do that. With MoFo I login so I or Kathy have access wherever we are. PLUS I can access it all from my phone, and I use that all the time to get a clients number or address to map out directions for a session.
2. I need simple. I liked the look and feel of MoFo as my client base. It’s easy to get client info in and I can add notes after each meeting or phone call so I will remember the details about that clients, including birth-dates and anniversaries!
3. Love the invoicing. I can have all of my products and options saved within MoFo and create invoices for my clients and records for my business!
4. The Calender so Kathy and I both know whats going on and I keep things organized. Oh and the work-flow section that’s color coded. I love that cause I know by looking what step of the process my clients are in or if it’s Kathy or me or Go4Pro or Leah Remillet Photography!
5. It’s cheap! It’s only $18 per month or $180 for the year!
Take a look for yourself. Do you need it? Well, that’s really up to you. But if you are thinking about it, my guess is that you do. You are a business and it’s important that you operate as one, it’s the best foundation for growth! If you have been starting to think that it would be wise to get your stuff in order, I highly recommend Mobile Fotographer! My one piece of advice would be to not procrastinate it or you will have major data entry avoidance! If you’re thinking “I’ll need this later”, you should start now and if you’re thinking oh my goodness it will be hours to input of all my client records. Pay someone $10 an hour and let it be done like magic! 🙂