* This is on LeahRemilletBlog.com today, but I thought you guys might enjoy it too! Remember your blog doesn’t have to just be sneak-peaks! It can be all kinds of fun posts that inspire your target client.
I love makeup… I always have! I’m certainly no makeup artist, but I’ve had my makeup done by enough of them to have learned a thing or two. I thought it would be fun to share my personal favorites for picture day with you.
1. Dior Airflash Foundation, $62, Nordstrom.com. Whenever I have a big day, this is what I use! My sister introduced me to it when I was in Seattle as a speaker for The Chic Retreat. Airflash is ideal for pictures because it’s not going anywhere! The bottle will last about a month with everyday use. I’m afraid it’s too much for my skin everyday, so I only use it when I need it.
2. Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge for Lips & Cheeks, $25, Nordstrom.com. One of my biggest tips for makeup is to make sure you’ve got your “lips” in a pocket so that you can reapply. With the pot rouge, you’ve got your lips and your cheeks in your pocket so that you can keep the dewy look you want. I love Calypso Coral.
3. Victoria’s Secret Flawless Airbrush Beach Sexy Instant Bronze Spray, $15, VictoriasSecret.com. Sometimes you just don’t have time to get a tan before photos. With this spray, I have instant color and if I applied it too heavily or don’t like the look, there is no commitment; it’s off with water! I love this spray for my arms and legs… but not my face.
4. Kate Somerville Tanning Towlettes, $48 – $75, KateSumerville.com. I love how easy these are to apply! It’s like a wet wipe from The Crab Shack… except, instead of trying to get the smell of the ocean off of me, I’m applying the golden sun onto me. I see really good results after two applications.
5. Rembrandt Stain Dissolving Strips, $22, Amazon.com I use a professional teeth whitening kit from my dentist, but the reviews say that this one from the drugstore is a great buy. I like to start whitening 3 to 7 days before my photo shoot, but if I can only get one in, I’m at least getting surface stains off.
6. M·A·C Prep + Prime Eye, $18.5, MacCosmetics.com. When you’re getting your picture taken, you don’t want your makeup fading before the last shot. I love M·A·C’s eye primer because it allows me to maintain that more dramatic look on my eyes.
7. Dior Addict Gloss, $29.5, Nordstrom.com. Don’t go for a nude, blends-into-your-skin lip color. Instead, add a little to a lot of pop – so that your femininity really shines. I love using a lipstick or stain and then applying a gloss like Dior’s Addict. (Shown in Paradise)