Have you ever been the victim of bad social media etiquette? What do you think the rules for well mannered typists should be?
1. Email unto others as you would want to be emailed. There is a real person on the other end of that message.
2. 24/7 should not really mean 24/7. Weekends and evening hours should be respected. Do not email “did you get my message” unless it’s been a minimum of twenty-four hours.
3. Email is not the new word for Google. If you have a question, Google it before you email it.
4. Social media should not be updated more times than the amount of glasses of water you drank today. Some people are going to need to up their water intake!
5. Just because there is an acronym for it, doesn’t mean you should tweet it.
Your turn! Keep them going… Let’s see how many rules we can write!